Our HUMATE products are based upon a unique humic + fulvic acids raw material extracted from the soil. This is a natural, relatively young, high-energy material (CEC= 900–1000 MEQ/100g). HUMATE Ag is a line of insoluble granular products, in several particle sizes, for soil applications for an improved soil environment.
Why use HUMATE Ag?
Although our HUMATE Ag products provide many benefits, here are the most significant:
- Complex nutrients to free them from the soil and make them readily available to plants.
- Increase the absorption of nutrients through the membranes of the roots and leaves of plants.
- Restructure the soil into a small aggregate form to naturally aerate the soil, eliminate layering, and improve percolation rates.
- Stimulate microbial activity to create a more active, “living” soil.
- Cleanse the soil of toxins, both natural and man-made.
- Act as a moisture buffer to reduce the extremes of too much or too little moisture.
The results are a healthier soil, improved photosynthesis, and plants with deeper, more massive root systems. These plants have an increased resistance to external stresses from pathogens and insects, require less fertilizer and watering, and grow faster to a marketable size.
Application rates and frequency
Apply 5 to 20 pounds per 1000 sq. ft. (225 to 900 pounds per acre) with a broadcast spreader. Applying one-half of the HUMATE Ag in one direction and the other half in a direction perpendicular to the first gives the best coverage. The HUMATE Ag will not burn the plant, but should be watered in to push it into the soil where it will be broken down and utilized by the soil microbial population. Although the HUMATE Ag will generally move into the soil profile, any means to mechanically open the soil profile (core aeration, verticutting, spiking, etc.) before applying HUMATE Ag will be beneficial.